Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Crockpot Italian Chicken (and leftover ideas)

italiancrockpot
I love easy. I love healthy. I also love anything using Italian dressing because my boys will gobble it up. Make your own dressing for this recipe with either the dried Good Seasonings packets from the salad dressing aisle of any store or the Penzey’s Italian dressing mix. That way you can reduce the amount and control the type of oil you use. A prepared light dressing might work too. Just make sure it’s not too sweet since they usually add sugar to enhance the flavor.

Serve Crockpot Italian chicken hot over a bed of brown rice (your freezer rice perhaps?) and with a few veggie sides for a complete meal. Leftovers freeze and reheat well. Just add a little more Italian dressing if the chicken gets too dry. You can also use the leftovers to make a Ranch Chicken Flatbread. Spoon the meat onto warmed flatbreads and top with chopped fresh tomatoes (or prepared tomato bruschetta from the store), lettuce and ranch dressing.

Crockpot Italian Chicken
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 standard-sized bottle of Italian dressing (see note above)

1.) Place the chicken in the bottom of a medium crockpot. Pour the dressing on top.
2.) Cook the chicken on low for around 5 hours.
3.) Turn the crockpot off when the chicken starts to fall apart and let the meat absorb the leftover juices.
4.) Serve over brown rice and with a veggie. Even my boys love this stuff.

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! would love for you to link this up to my blog next Thursday under my healthy recipes link up! Also thanks for visiting my blog. I am now following you! :)

    http://fitcraftystylishandhappy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super easy and looks fabulous! Thanks so much for stopping by and joining in my blog. Have a great weekend dear!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...