Friday, June 4, 2010

Baja Lime Tilapia with Green Rice Recipe (free Minute Rice coupon)



As mentioned in the last post, here is the recipe for my Carolina version of Baja Lime Tilapia with Green Rice. Both are great together when rounded off with chips and salsa (I like the smokey/salty flavor of Pace's Salsa Verde) and All-week-long Black Bean Salad. Tilapia is light and not at all fishy. Even my almost-five-year-old will eat it, especially when prepared this way. I've also included a link to Minute Rice's Website where you can get a $.50 coupon if you don't mind giving a little info. Anything I can do to make my life easier and yours.

Baja Lime Tilapia with Green Rice

Tilapia:
5 fresh Tilapia filets (or if frozen, thawed)
2 limes, washed and sliced
sea salt
Old Bay seafood seasoning

Rice:
2 cups cooked brown rice
juice of 1/2 lime
small handful finely chopped cilantro
large pat of butter or spread
1 TB salsa verde if desired

Preheat oven to 400'. Place the tilapia filets on parchment paper. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and Old Bay seasoning. Place 2-3 slices of lime on each. Bake in oven for 10-12 minutes or until fish is opaque and firm to the touch but not brown and "crispy-looking" around the edges. Garnish with extra chopped cilantro and fresh lime wedges if you're having company. Serve hot.

Meanwhile, toss hot rice with butter and salsa (if desired). Fold in chopped cilantro and stir in lime juice to taste. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.

1 comment:

  1. Now that looks delicious!! I am saving this one!! Now I need to look at the black bean salsa recipe. My mouth is watering now.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...