Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Southwest Salad with Grilled Peaches


Sorry for the delay in getting up this recipe. This should make two adult-size salads with enough grilled chicken, peaches, tortilla chips and black beans for two kids to eat separately. Or add in another head of romaine to make two additional kid-sized salads as well. The peaches can be ripe or under ripe. Grilling them makes them jammy and soft--delicious! I use the Newman's Own Lime Vinaigrette on this too:

Southwest Salad with Grilled Peaches

4 large peaches washed, pitted and cut into wedges
olive oil
salt and pepper
4 chicken breasts
1 large head of romaine
2 cups fresh spinach leaves
All Week-long Black Bean Salad (see previous post)
crushed tortilla chips

Toss peach wedges lightly in olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a piece of foil and grill 1-2 minutes each side. Set aside. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Grill until done. Let cool and cut into strips. Wash and chop lettuce and spinach and arrange on two plates. Top with black bean salad, grilled peaches and chicken, and dress with lime vinaigrette. Top with crushed tortilla chips to taste and serve with Newman's Own Lime Vinaigrette.

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Just wanted to let you know I am featuring your recipe tomorrow at Lady Behind The Curtain for Feature Friday "Peaches" CONGRATULATIONS! Come on over and grab a Feature Friday Button!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got to this amazing site not long ago. I was actually captured with the piece of resources you have got here. Big thumbs up for making such wonderful blog page! Ferienhaus mit Gasgrill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. noodle salad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. https://penzu.com/p/a4117be2

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for such a well-written article. It’s full of insightful information. Your point of view is the best among many without fail.For certain, It is one of the best blogs in my opinion. marina square food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the post you do. I like your post and all you share with us is up to date and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. https://medium.com/@vietnamese.salad/vietnamese-food-delivery-12ce48959d70?postPublishedType=initial

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Vietnamese Rice Noodle Salad Beef Bowl

    ReplyDelete
  8. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? https://medium.com/@ann4hel/vietnamese-salad-4d5ba4651174

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. vietnamese salad

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. authentic vietnamese food singapore

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. http://vietnamesefooddeliverysingapore.zohosites.in/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely enjoying your website. You definitely have some great insight and great stories. https://marijames123.wixsite.com/my-site/post/vietnamese-food-near-me

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...