Monday, April 11, 2011

Dining Room Makeover--Phase Two

So the curtains are in, ironed and hung (thanks to Rich!). After all the agonizing I decided to stick with a solid color so I could mix things up with the table linens...that I will theoretically one day own. The drapes, which were surprisingly affordable for fully lined drapes, are from jcpenney.com and the hardware is from Target.
 Here's another view of the other side of the dining room that's open to the living room.
 
The place mats were a steal from World Market for less than $2 a piece. And I liked the curtains so much that I ordered some for my living room too.
This project is almost complete, and I'm happy with how it's turning out. We still need to lower the chandelier and decide between two head chairs for the dining room table and a buffet serving table. I know, a tough life I lead.

My posts have slowed down these past couple of weeks but I haven't been slacking. Our youngest broke his femur and has been in a spica cast. We've been blessed by meals from friends and family, so thankfully I haven't done much cooking. We are starting to get back to normal (little Ben gets the cast off this Thursday), so posts will pick back up soon. My first box of inspiration will arrive from The Produce Box Wednesday  with spring garlic, strawberries and purple sweet potatoes. On the up side of Ben being in a cast, he's been content to lay on a blanket in the yard with me, so I've done a little gardening. Don't worry, I'm sticking with herbs again this year. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Looks great!! I am so happy to hear Ben will be able to be out of that cast soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The curtains look GORGEOUS!! Great job. I know you love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...