Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Redecorate dining room? Check!

I haven't completed the final step in redecorating the dining room--lowering the chandelier--but it's time to check this project off my list as 'complete.' Some day, but probably not some day soon, we'll get an electrician to complete our short list of projects around the house. Oh well, moving on! Here are the end chairs I chose. I LOVE this room and am very happy with how it turned out. The table, rug and drapes are grown up and vibrant without being formal. Still everything is washable, stain resistant and pre-dinged for the kids. Finally, I love that the room reflects my personality and tastes without being too girly. I may be outnumbered, but this dining room says, "A woman lives here!"

I mentioned a few posts back about the art wall we have, and I thought I'd share this view from the other side of the dining room.
 This is our "Free Expression" wall, for those N.C. State grads out there. Luckily, we don't have to worry about UNC fans sneaking into our house and painting it sky blue during play-offs. When the kids get the urge to draw on the walls or furniture, we hand them chalk and direct them here. I love the stuff they come up with and they love showing company their art gallery.

At this point, I figure you're tired of seeing pictures of my dining room. So let's finish this series with a final, satisfying "before" and "after." Tada!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...